We are looking for the next "Miss" CAM antonio. The Contest is open to anyone currently living in San Antonio (Male or Female, young or old). To compete, contestants must answer the classic pageant inspired question:
"As Miss CAM Antonio, how would you promote contemporary art in San Antonio?"
Contestants post their answers on the Miss CAM Antonio Facebook page in the form of words, video, photos, or any other medium that can fit into a facebook wall post. Answers may be posted from now until Midnight March 4, 2014.
Finalists will be determined by the number of "likes" the contestant's wall post receives. The four entrants receiving the most "likes" will proceed to the finalist roung, judged by a panel of CAM board members. The winner will be crowned during the Contemporary Art Month Kick-Off Party at Blue Star Contemporary Arts Museum, on Thursday March 6, 2014, from 6-9p.
Miss CAM Antonio must be available for public appearances on the following dates: March 6, 14, 21, 22, 23, and 28.
"Miss" CAM Antonio receives a custom designed crown by local artist Marlys Dietrick. CAM will promote the winner in social media and traditional press materials. The winner may even get the super sweet opportunity for a photo-op astride a tractor!!
Here's a reminder of our Key CAM events:
- CAM Kickoff Party Thursday, March 6, 2014
- CAMx Friday, March 14, 2014. At the Warehouse (behind the Monterey)
- CAM Perennial Exhibition. Friday, March 21, 2014. At the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center
- Artpace Family Day. Saturday. March 22, 2014.
- CAM open studio Tours. Sunday, March 23, 2014.
- CAM closing party. Friday. March 28, 2014. AT Chrispark